The parade will begin at the Municipal Auditorium on Elvis Presley Avenue, east on Milam Street, left on Edwards and left on Texas through downtown Shreveport and will end on Elvis Presley Avenue.
Safety Guidelines for Spectators
- Open containers of glass or metal are not permitted on the street
- Please stand behind all barricades. These barricades have been placed along the parade route for the spectator’s protection.
- Do not throw anything at the float riders
- Obey all laws pertaining to indecent exposure
- Do not run alongside float for throws. It could be easy to push or fall in front of, or under, the float. A float can present life-threatening danger to someone that does not respect such a large, moving object.
- Respect the directions of the band and marching unit chaperones. These are large units trying to play for the benefit of the crowds, so please make room for them to perform.
- Respect the wishes of the police. They are only trying to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all Mardi Gras spectators.
Lets keep it safe!!!!!!!
- Arrive Early to secure a great spot.
- Dress for the weather and wear Mardi Gras Colors.
- Catch Mardi Gras throws!Yell at the float riders “Throw me something, Mister!”
- Look before you reach down. Make sure it’s safe to pick up.
- Plan your meals ahead.